Thursday, April 14, 2016

Dusk Raider's Word Bearers

DuskRaiderXIV is a gentleman on the Heresy 30k forums who I have gradually become quite fond of. He's smart, well-spoken, level-headed, and dedicated to everything I enjoy about the Horus Heresy: balls-out gameplay, love of the source material, and beautifully painted models.

This thread is where DuskRaiderXIV is gathering his foray into the Word Bearers (or, as I like to call them, Bird Wearers or Tattooed Space Jerks). I'm not generally fond of the Word Bearers. In part this is because I already have a red army (one of my 40k armies is Knights of Blood, a mostly red Blood Angels successor). In part, it's because I'm not really comfortable with Warhammer's thing about religion, where almost all faith is represented as fascistic, hypocritical, and overzealous. I mean, it's not a dealbreaker for me, but it's not really my thing either.

But DuskRaiderXIV makes it look good to be bad. His Word Bearers are gribbly, bloody, and plain old mean. His guys are completely nuts, with mutations and corpses tied to the tops of their dreadnoughts and all sorts of amazing, totally fucking metal add-ons.

If you like to follow WIP threads, go follow this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment